- Within the advocacy and capacity- building project for civil society organizations in writing shadow reports
- Conclusion of the fourth training workshop for civil society organizations in writing shadow reports after drawing on what has been achieved and emphasizing the mechanisms of preparation, presentation and discussion.
- Mr. William Warda, the project manager, expresses his sincere thanks and appreciation to the Minister of Justice.
- Mr. Warda: praises the human rights vision that UNICEF is looking forward for the children of Iraq.
- Thanks and appreciation to the lecturers Mrs. Pascale Warda and Dr. Mohammad Turki Al-Obaidi.
- Certificates of appreciation for the participants of the workshop.
The fourth training workshop concluded after a thorough discussion of knowledge, information and framework application learned by participants preceded by a briefing by Mr. William Warda, the project manager, and a lecture by Dr. Mohammad Turki Al-Obaidi on the implementation of recommendations of the Human Rights Council concerning the rights of the child.
On the last day of the workshop participants engaged in a practical exercise in writing shadow reports, supervised by Mr. William Warda and Dr. Mohammad Turki Al-Obaidi, while the workshop management and through the participation of Dr. Al-Obaidi, was keen on presenting samples of shadow reports with an explanation of the preparation mechanisms according to the human rights criteria, Mrs. Pascale Warda addressed the importance of cooperation between the government and civil society organizations, as the main objective was to reform the human rights issue and to ensure that Iraq was committed to the provisions of human rights agreements, including the Convention on the Rights of the Child, on the ground.
The workshop also devoted time to a review of all that was raised during the workshop in the previous days. Mr. William Warda reiterated thanks and gratitude of Hammurabi Human Rights Organization to the Minister of Justice and to all the staff for providing all logistical requirements for the training program. He also thanked Dr. Mohammad Turki Al-Obeidi, who was keen to have his lectures and briefing rich in standards and information, as well as thanking Mrs. Pascale Warda to her lectures and briefings.
Mr. Wirda thanked the participants expressing his pleasure for the presence of human rights activists at the level of interest in the implementation mechanisms of human rights and were also keen to mobilize and discuss, which led to this enrichment of more concepts. Certificates of appreciation awarded to participants of the workshop.
Mr. Warda also referred to the UNICEF funded program started on 25 October 2020 on the advocacy and capacity-building of the Iraqi Government to fulfill the obligations concerning the rights of the child, praising the efforts of the sponsored Organization UNICEF in this regard. The training program included writing shadow reports and the mechanisms for preparing, presenting and discussing.