- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization implemented three educational symposium to increase scientific efficiency for students in Hamdaniya district
- The seminars were for students of primary, intermediate and secondary schools receiving wide positive responses
- The initiative allowed the participation of the final grades students to improve their academic level.
- On the sidelines of the field presence, Hammurabi identified number of educational obstacles to be addressed
Hammurabi Human Rights Organization completed a project of an educational and learning nature, represented by the establishment of three encouraging motivational seminars in order to raise the scientific level of students of primary ,intermediate and secondary schools in Hamdaniya district, with the support of the Christian Solidarity International Organization (CSI),as a result reached by Hammurabi, that he majority of students are reluctant to follow up their study, as shown by the results of school tests and the phenomena of school dropout.
Hammurabi Organization held these symposium titled (Science is the basis for the progress of societies and nations), lecturers were specialists with distinguished scientific qualifications, and specialists in educational supervision and psychology.
The first symposium was held in the town of Baghdida, the center of Hamdaniya district, and in the hall of the Saint Paul Center on Tuesday, 26/4/2022 from 4.00pm till 7.00pm attended by 220 students, most of them from the final classes, while the second symposium was held in the town of Karamles attended by 150 students, in the hall of St. Joseph Cultural Center on Wednesday 27/4/2022 from 4.00pm till 7.00pm.
As for the third symposium, was held in Bartella district in the hall of the Cultural Center of Mart shemouni Church on Thursday, 28/4/2022 from 4.00pm till 7.00pm as 180 students received a course in mentoring and encouragement to meet the challenges they face in their careers and plans to succeed, together with clarifications on how to take advantage of the planning and preparation of exams.
Expert professors and specialists have put forward many vague topics, which they find difficult to understand after being reinforced by explanation and simplification. Number of members of the Board of Directors of Hammurabi Human Rights and the representative of Christian Solidarity International, which supports the project, participated in the symposium.
Mr. Amir Saeed, the project manager, indicated that the implementation of the seminars was an opportunity to examine on the ground and diagnose number of issues that should be resolved, namely:
- The inefficiency of some teachers in public schools and their lack of interest in students.
- Weakness in some of the curricula and the need to make changes in a way that parallels recent scientific developments.
- The need to introduce teachers to specialized training courses to raise the efficiency and experience of teachers.
- Few schools and double shifts.
- Lack of laboratories in schools.
- The inadequacy of some schools as buildings and services, and the lack of their supplies, such as printing devices, drinking water filters, stationery and others.
- Some parents do not follow up on their children in school, and this requires wide social awareness
The correspondent of Nergal News Network conveyed thanks, appreciation and gratitude of student's parents to Hammurabi Human Rights Organization for this scientific and educational initiative, expressing aspiration to establish more to confront idleness, neglect and low academic level.