Hammurabi Human Rights Organization
Issued the second documentary summaries
On demonstrations and accompanied events
- What happened during November was more bloody and underestimated the blood of innocent Iraqis, especially what happened in Nasiriyah, Najaf and Karbala.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization believes that resignation of the Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi came late, which is a first step for further steps to fulfill the demands of demonstrators.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization considers the necessity of speeding up a fair judicial punishment for all persons and entities that cause the killing of demonstrators and sit-ins.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization demand the Commission of Integrity and the judicial authorities concerned to confront corruption and the need to firmly confront and recover the looted money.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization monitored: - Some Iraqi politicians are still dealing with the bloody crisis that ravaged the country without serious concern and trying to win at the expense of the blood of innocent people.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization endures the House of Representatives and the Presidency of the Republic, any slowdown in forming the transitional government, issuing transitional legislation, going to early elections, and addressing economic imbalances.
Hammurabi Human Rights Organization has available summaries of the size of the crisis and the tragedy that Iraq is going through, stressing that the measures adopted so far are still inadequate and ineffective, and are tainted by complications and phenomena of neglect and negligence and intransigence in prolonging the crisis while honorable positions require elevation of working conditions within the framework of an operation room and coordination in which participants address all the vocabulary of this crisis.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization considers that transgression and confronting protest and sit-in rights represents a violation of the constitution, and that all forms of violence and the use of live bullets and other repressive means represent a serious deviation and that the killing of one Iraqi citizen is a major crime, so how is the matter and there are now more than 400 martyrs and thousands wounded with burning and systematic destruction of many of the headquarters, real estate and diplomatic institutions, in addition to the arrests, as the number of detainees reached 2700 citizens, most of them were released and there are still 170 detainees in prisons, in addition to the kidnappings and absenteeism that have been repeated in Baghdad and the rising provinces where it takes place these operations.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization believes that the resignation of the Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, submitted on November 29, 2019, was unfortunately late, and yet it is the first relief for subsequent steps that should be activated in a manner that responds to the demands of the demonstrators and the sit-in.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization considers the necessity to expedite the fair judicial punishment of all persons and entities that cause the killing of demonstrators and that this judicial task be a priority and the Supreme Judicial Council should undertake it, because this would calm the souls, the organization also demand the concerned authorities to provide the necessary compensation to the families of the martyrs and the wounded consoling them for what they are suffering, and Hammurabi Human Rights Organization express its hope that the Supreme Judicial Council will put it within its priorities, and that this step will make the punishment for those responsible for the killing a cornerstone in achieving justice.
- In another context Hammurabi Human Rights Organization holds the House of Representatives and the Presidency of the Republic the responsibility for any slowdown in the necessary procedures for the next stage , must be accelerated to form the transitional government that should oversee early elections to reshape the Iraqi political scene with greater openness to the rights and demands of the popular movement and to build a civil state that safeguards the rights of all Iraqi components, protecting the rights of minorities, and desisting from policies of marginalization, exclusion and isolation.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization has field indicators that the general economic situation in the country is declining for the worse, and that prolonging the crisis would perpetuate stagnation and weakness in this economy, while noting that government measures taken so far to address the phenomenon of poverty and unemployment are measures real-time, not radically-dimensional, that would take the Iraqi economy out of all the pathological phenomena that it suffers from.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization calls on the Commission of Integrity, the Supreme Judicial Council and other authorities that pursue the corruption to adopt mechanisms that maintain its independence and impartiality and adopt accurate times to recover the looted money,and put an end to the financial bleeding leaked outside the legitimate frameworks as well as placing control over all movable and immovable property of people and entities referred to judicial investigations in order that these funds are not disposed of by their owners to take advantage of the slow judicial procedures that the judiciary’s failure or bias in the performance of its tasks in this sensitive circumstance may lose its position which the safe haven for the oppressed and the right-holders is thus the collapse of the safe foundation of the regime..
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization appreciates the human rights organizations and their popular stances and adopted approach of solidarity and sympathy for the families of the martyrs, considering the first day of December as the day of the Iraqi martyr. Thus the Board of Directors of Hammurabi Human Rights Organization directed all members of the organization general board to participate in the solidarity marches that started in the capital Baghdad and many Iraqi cities to console the families of the martyrs.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization appreciates the efforts of the continuous voluntary campaigns for Iraqi youths, boys and girls, in the operations of lifting garbage to preserve the aesthetics of the areas where the demonstrators are present, this confirms without any doubt that these young people are at the level of national and environmental responsibility.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization believes that the current stage requires that civil society organizations and women have a fundamental role in shaping the vocabulary of the next stage and that the policy of marginalization, isolation, and exclusion practiced by the large political blocs and their clear monopoly over managing the affairs of the country cause the disasters that the Iraqi now.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organizat ion appreciates the measures of the Ministry of Education to reduce the spring vacation in order to address the imbalances that occurred in schools, institutes and colleges in order to compensate for the lost studies, and demand the educational and teaching bodies the necessity of the continuous effort to advance education, as it is the cornerstone of any progress that Iraq is looking forward to.
- Hammurabi Human Rights Organization considers with interest the field briefings and reports issued by the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) in order to put an end to the current crisis that struck the country, as Hammurabi hopes that these efforts will help in ending this crisis in order to achieve the demands of the demonstrators and the sit-ins and achieve justice, security and social peace for all Iraqis .